[IAEP] [Sugar-news] Election status update

DancesWithCars danceswithcars at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 10:43:15 EDT 2009

more inline

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Sascha Silbe
<sascha-ml-ui-sugar-iaep at silbe.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 02:20:43AM -0400, DancesWithCars wrote:

missing the lead up paragraph

>> Then a frozen membership list, first before a call
>> for elections.
>
> Please don't spread FUD.

It's Not FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt),
it's ANGER!

> This has been discussed over a month ago:

That's nice, but I wasn't on the list then...
I'm noob to this sugar list as first
paragraph shows some issues
with signing up for mailman
(could have sworn I tried a long time
ago...)

> From: Luke Faraone <luke at faraone.cc>
> Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 10:59:33 -0400
> To: IAEP SugarLabs <iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org>,
>     Sugar Devel <sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org>
> Subject: [IAEP] Sugar Labs Membership proposal
>

> There has been a reminder two weeks later:
>
> From: Luke Faraone <luke at faraone.cc>
> Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 18:48:38 -0400
> To: IAEP SugarLabs <iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org>,
>     Sugar Devel <sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org>,
>     Community Support Volunteers <support-gang at lists.laptop.org>,
>     Marketing <marketing at lists.sugarlabs.org>
> Subject: [IAEP] REMINDER: Sugar Labs Membership deadline Sept. 6
>

> Eligibility for membership status and it's impact has been made quite clear:
>
>> If you're worried about whether you qualify; if you're subscribed to one
>> of
>> the mailing lists receiving this email, you probably should be on the SL
>> Members List.
>
>> As a Sugar Labs member, you will get the oppertunity to vote in elections
>> determining the project's governance, such as the upcoming Oversight
>> Board<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board> 2009-2001
>> Election
>> <http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/2009-2010-candidates>
>
> It has been set as a topic for the IRC channel (#sugar on Freenode) for
> about a month. Also there was a call to put oneself on the membership list
> in the context of the election as early as 2009-08-05 [1] (i.e. almost two
> months ago) at a minimum (haven't tried at all to find anything even older).
>
> While it could have been announced more clearly (e.g. by sending out an
> _election_ reminder noting the membership status deadline), this is _very_
> far from "first before a call for elections".
>

> [1]
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Current_Events/Archive/2009-08-05#Help_wanted
>
> CU Sascha
>
> --