[IAEP] [Sugar-news] Election status update

DancesWithCars danceswithcars at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 02:20:43 EDT 2009

What surprises me is the lack of recognition on the
IAEP mailman membership list, but I've had run ins
with Luke before, most recently being left out
of a dinner supposedly closing the ClassActs
Book sprint, after his sparse attendance...

Then a frozen membership list, first before a call
for elections.

Usually there are voter registration before voting,
but ACORN does stuff like that round here ;-/

But in the US, we also have elections
determined in Florida,
with brothers of presidents up for elections
seemingly determining the results...

And LoseVote machines...

So if it really is community based,
how is the community involved?

Besides having our hands tied,
and not being able to vote,
as determined not a member
before even announced???

But like Yama, we were working on
FLOSSManauals.net ClassActs
all that week when things were being frozen.

And while I'm a penguin supporter,
it's a little cold out here,
with all the other huddled non voting member
masses...

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Yamandu Ploskonka <yamaplos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Welcome to the American electoral system! :-)
>
> Maybe it actually does not surprise me since that sort of rules are
> quite common here
>
> Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
>> Luke Faraone schrieb:
>>
>>> The top four candidates
>>> will be elected for two years, and the next three for one year.
>>>

>> Maybe I missed something but when was this rule decided upon and which
>> reasoning is behind it?
>>
>> To me this sounds like it makes things utterly confusing because it
>> would mean that in 2010 only three of the seven seats would be up for
>> election subsequently meaning that the the three top-placed candidates
>> would then be on the SLOB for two years. Hence in 2011 we would then
>> have four seats up for election, etc.
>>
>> Ever so slightly confused,
>> Christoph

DancesWithCars