[IAEP] Fwd: Project 10^100: Reminder to vote

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 19:38:22 EDT 2009

Our idea for free digital textbooks has been incorporated into one of
the proposals for the next round of voting at Google 10^100. Please vote.

Make educational content available online for free

Education

Make educational and course materials more accessible online to
students worldwide. Lots of educational content is not indexed or
accessible on the public web. Various users have proposed finding ways
to help content owners put formerly exclusive content online,
including offline materials (lectures, textbooks, videotaped
workshops) and limited-access materials (scholarly papers, research
dissertations); help teachers themselves become more available online
(access to online profs, 24/7 homework help, cross-country study
groups); and to make all this material and academic help accessible
through both computer and mobile platforms.

Suggestions that inspired this idea

  1. Collaborate with top schools around the world to make their
lectures freely accessible online
  2. Create an online educational platform that provides free
training and education as part of a worldwide, officially accepted
degree
  3. Provide free online lectures and textbooks for every subject and
grade level
  4. Facilitate information exchange among students around the world,
including cross-country "study groups" on specific topics