[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] Long-term support for Sugar

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Sep 23 15:22:35 EDT 2009

El Wed, 23-09-2009 a las 14:33 -0400, Benjamin M. Schwartz escribió:
> Or, we bless a small number of completely self-contained virtual machines
> (e.g. etoys squeak, mozilla javascript, Sun Java, perhaps a restricted
> python), and then run them on any hardware.

I think that would create a much better environment for end-user
application developers, and would solve many (but not all) of the
compatibility issues.

It's still too restrictive for external developers who would like to do
more ambitious things, like Karma and Physics.  Those would have to come
and beg us to approve their dependencies.

Currently, they can just go on and package up all they need
independently.