[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] SoaS: Searching for Decision Panel volunteers.

Philippe Clérié philippe at gcal.net
Sun Sep 20 08:19:45 EDT 2009

> So, a possible solution could be calling the product marketed by SLs
> "Sugar on a Stick" and each individual team and product "Fedora Sugar
> on a Stick", "OpenSUSE Sugar on a Stick", etc. From time to time SLs
> would decide to call and market as "Sugar on a Stick" a particular
> release of a particular flavor. This decision process should be very
> transparent and fair, of course.

This naming scheme may be politically correct, but from a marketing stand
point it's probably not a good idea. I believe the pros would say "it
dilutes the brand". Then again I'm not a marketing professional so I'll
leave it at that.

FWIW I'm using the OpenSuse version since that was the one I could install
on my hard disk.

--

Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>