[IAEP] [Debian-olpc-devel] Glucose 0.84 and 0.85 packaged for Debian!

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sat Sep 19 19:49:00 EDT 2009

I tried them out briefly in a VM this morning, worked great.

A couple of questions.

I don't understand the debian work flow.  I see that you are carrying
.82, .84, and .85.  Will you continue to carry all of them going
forward?

Do you have a recommended work flow for basing downstream packages on
work.  I got my mind wrapped around git-buildpackage last night. I
cloned your work and tried build some of them on GnewSense.

It there a prefered method for setting the upstream for third and
lower generation packages?  The best I could come up with is:

1. git.sl.org -> upstream
2. manually sync /debian from git.debian.org to git.gnewsense.org
3. do final work in git.gnewsense.org

david