[IAEP] SCaLE 8X 2/19-21 2010 CFP

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 17 23:42:25 EDT 2009

Hi...

This came to my husband Ed's email today... guess they assumed he was the techie in the family... wrong!

Both OLPC and SugarLabs should have a big presence at this event.  It has led us to some valuable contacts in the past 2 years.  I plan to do a presentation on the Contributors Program and help set up and "person" (not "man")  a booth with XOs in the exhibit hall. Many attendees will already have their own XOs.  We should have a big SoaS setup too...

Imagine a huge hall filled with open source developers and companies that use open source or do things related to it. Techie heaven!

If you want to present in the education track... it is called OSSIE (Open Source Software In Education) and is only on Friday. Not well attended though b/c teachers can't get the time off... too bad. When you sign up you will find other tracks as well. Pick the one that makes the most sense for your topic.

The CFP follows.

Hope to see many of you there!

Caryl

The Eighth Annual So Cal Linux Expo is coming! It will be February 19th-21st, 2010, and will again be at the Westin LAX.

 The Call for Papers for the conference is now open. Besides the regular conference tracks, SCALE 8x will include specialty tracks for both developers and beginners.

 If you'd like to speak at SCALE 8x, see http://socallinuxexpo.org to submit your presentation proposal.

 Mark your calendars – be in Los Angeles February 19-21st, 2010 for SCALE 8x!