[IAEP] [ANNOUNCE] Slip of Sucrose 0.86 by one week

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Sep 17 13:53:35 EDT 2009

Dear Sugar community,

today at the Developers Meeting it was decided to enact a one week slip
of the 0.86 Sucrose release.

= 0.86 Final release the 25th September =
This is due to the remaining bugs in the stable branch and some
regressions, for example introduced by the switch to Metacity. We still
think that switch is the right thing to do, so we want to move forward
with this. As well the new toolbar design was a lot of work, but we are
really convinced that it is worth it. We checked the deadlines of the
distributions (Fedora, Ubuntu, Mandriva etc) and this one week slip will
not introduce any missed boats. The new release date is September 25th.

= Hard Code Freeze =
At Monday the 21th of September we will enter Hard code freeze. No
source code changes can be made without approval from the release-team.
Translation and documentation can continue. The Hard code freeze will
end with the 24th, but other freezes remain in effect for the stable
branch. This freeze should help to avoid sudden last-minute accidents
which could risk the stability that should have been reached at this point.

= Bug Fix releases terminated =
After our final release we will have two bugfix releases, one and two
weeks after the release date. We can add anther coordinated bugfix
release later, when there is feedback from the distributions shipping
Sugar. Of course individual module updates can happen as well.

= 0.85.7 =
We added another development release for tomorrow, so people can test
the latest tarballs and report back.

The updated schedule can be found at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.86/Roadmap#Schedule

In the name of the Sugar community,