[IAEP] [SLOBS] SLOBs Position on SoaS

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Sep 16 11:22:23 EDT 2009

2009/9/16 Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian at when.com>:
> Args! I notice that what I asked could have been misunderstood. I didn't
> mean to imply SoaS being only way of distributing Sugar. That's out of
> question and was never my intention. I apologize for any confusion if this
> feeling has been created.

I don't think anyone interpreted your question in this way.

> I wonder, though, if the current SoaS is going to be the primary LiveUSB
> distribution of Sugar supported by upstream (known as SoaS).

I think Sugar should treat all downstreams equally, so there would be
no primary distro. But users/deployments may prefer one or the other
based on quality/performance/stability/....

> Daniel, yes, I think this question needs to be asked.

I still don't understand how this affects the work your doing from
anything other than a prosperity standpoint.

Daniel