[IAEP] [ANNOUNCE] Road to Sucrose 0.86 - status report (2)

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue Sep 15 07:43:27 EDT 2009

Hi,

we are making good progress towards our release. Here are some status
updates:

b) Release notes:
- I have started the work here: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.86/Notes
- Fructose activity authors have been invited to use the template [1]
and add their individual notes [2].

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.86/Activity_Template
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.86/Notes#Fructose_2

c) Make rpms:
- Fedora 12 rpms are done (all Sucrose)

Aleksey reports:
- Latest packages for Ubuntu karmic can be tried out at:
https://launchpad.net/~alsroot/+archive/sugar-0.86, instructions are at:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Ubuntu#Using_sugar_PPAs

- 0.86 is available for Gentoo as well, instructions are at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Gentoo

d) Sebastian is working on a new Soas release, stay tuned for an
announcement.

e) Announce widely as soon as possible:
Please jump in here.

f) Triaging: So far nobody has been found to lead this error. Thanks to
Tomeu, Aleksey we were able to assign a milestone to each Sucrose bug
yesterday. We started to set priorities as well and identified the ones
that should be fixed first.

Triaging is an ongoing effort, so help is still more then needed!

Check out the constant bug workflow of Gary for example. He does not
only file bugs, he follows up on questions from the developers and he
helps triaging. A good start is to follow up on the bugs you filed, see
if it is still valid, if the developer has requested more information
and to follow up on bugs assigned to you.

g) Testing plans:
A new policy has been added. As we are in our critical phase to
stabilize the 0.86 release (less than 1 week to go) [1], we request
every bug fix to be tight to a ticket including a testing plan [2]. You
can help to aggregate those testing plans.

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.86/Roadmap#Schedule
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release#Stabilizing

h) Testing teams
Do we have any teams here, besides the awesome Wellington NZ testing team?

i) Bug-fix team
Help is always welcome here, too!

j) Plan the bug fix releases
...to be done!