[IAEP] Another article that could probably use some measured response.

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 16:09:59 EDT 2009

This may have already come up in the 680 unread messages I have in my
inbox...  If so, my apologies.

A researcher in my office subscribes to Miller-McCune magazine, whose slogan
is "Turning Research into Solutions".  After seeing last week's presentation
by SJ et al, he handed me an article from the latest issue (September /
October 2009, Volume 2, Number 5).
| News and Opinions by Timothy Ogden (page 12)
|
| COMPUTER ERROR?
| There appears to be cheaper, more effective ways to improve education in
developing nations than the glitzy One Laptop per Child program.

The article is available on-line at
http://miller-mccune.com/business_economics/computer-error-1390

At the risk of being burned at the stake, though I'm one of the devout, I
think the author makes some good arguments that should be either countered
POLITELY and/or addressed.

--
Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo
Washington, DC