[IAEP] Webtech SIG was Re: [Sugar-devel] Project Guidelines posted

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Mon Sep 14 10:41:25 EDT 2009

on a related note, I would love to see a broader webtech SIG focused on
bringing web technologies to Sugar. W/ the likelihood of hardware
acceleration for webkit and gecko in the next couple years, we ignore
these technologies at our peril. Mihai Sucan believes that js+html5
application performance will improve 10x over the next 2-3 years and I
believe him.

I watch the commonjs and narwhal mailing lists and their growth has just
been phenomenal over the last couple months.

Things like capuccino -- www.280slides.com , capuccino.org -- are just
amazing

Karma is intentionally narrowly focused on moving OLE Nepal's content
development to a format that is wholly open-source and that other
countries can use. If Karma doesn't end up meeting Nepal's needs by the
start of next school year, well my team won't be very happy w/ me.

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director