[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Project Guidelines posted

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Sun Sep 13 21:00:35 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 12:25 -0500, David Farning wrote:
> Project/SIGs are product focused.  The exist to help guide a project
> through it's life cycle.  For example, there has recently been some
> rather heated discussions about working more closely with Qt.  This is
> an example of a idea the could start as a SIG and grow into a project
> and be included in the Learning Platform.... if it proves useful.

Sorry to have not been involved in this conversation.

So it sounds to me like Karma should be an SL SIG and later an SL
Project. I really don't have an idea of how it will be governed but I
will leave that to later as i see how the community around it develops.
So I guess Karma can't progress from SIG to project until the leadership
process is defined.

I feel bad because I have been putting the SL logo on the
karmaeducation.org site. Sorry if I was using the SL branding
prematurely. I also put the SL logo in the Karma presentations.

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director