[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Sugar on a Stick v2 Release Naming

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Sun Sep 13 18:01:08 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 11:18:55PM +0200, Sean DALY wrote:
> Bill - I completely agree our numbering systems are byzantine and
> difficult to grasp... there is the Sugar version number, the Fedora
> version number, the OLPC-OS version number and the XO build number.

The numbering is for developers...why are we having this discussion at
a marketing level?  Developers can appreciate the difference between
each of those numbers, and each of them is precise*.

The SoaS strawberry ISO is called soas-strawberry.iso:

http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/releases/

No "byzantine" numbers in sight.

> thanks
>
> Sean

Martin

* Two of the four aren't even relevant to SoaS.  I fail to see why
throwing unrelated numbers around helps this discussion or contributes
to a "Byzantine" SoaS numbering scheme.