[IAEP] Where should we put Lesson Plans? Currwiki?

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:25:04 EDT 2009

Seeing as there is a screencast on how to move curriki objects into Moodle,
its clear the content is not the same, and there is no simple way to export
a course from one to the other. Well, its gonna be easier from Moodle to
curriki than the other way round, seeing as curriki is a collection of
elements in multiple formats. I see it more as a place to collect your ideas
which you can later implement in a real Course management/lesson plan
builder like Moodle. That said, you are doubling the workload if you decide
to use curriki too. In order to export items, the screencast says u need to
hit the print button in curriki (hmm, not export, but print) and then take
the url and use that as an object in a Moodle course. I'm sure you can see
the limitations, as that makes it non portable (you have to be connected to
the internet), and url based only (objects in moodle are generally of many
kinds, including, audio, video, web page, texts, spreadsheets and flash
elements.) Though I'm sure there are other ways to get the data out of
curriki, its another step between getting the course material from one's
head to a usable format that teachers everywhere can get at. That said, if I
were building a Moodle course, and wanted to put in materials of my own, I
might use curriki to search for that content.

kind regards,
David Van Assche

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Dennis Daniels <dennisgdaniels at gmail.com>wrote:

> Wikis, by their nature, don't lend well to formal organization. In
> order to get content into Moodle there are conventions and forms.
>
> I for one agree with David that Moodle makes a lot more sense than a wiki.
>
> Dennis

Jonathan Swift<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jonathan_swift.html>
- "May you live every day of your life."