[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Project Guidelines posted

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Sep 10 04:34:01 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 03:51:55PM -0500, David Farning wrote:
> The project guidelines are now on the wiki at
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Project_Guidelines .
>
> Please edit as necessary.   When it looks like the editing has
> stopped, I ask the board the ratify the guidelines.

Sorry for being late(maybe), but I have one idea in my mind -
adding(as option) vote system to Project_Guidelines.

The core idea is simple(but powerful) way for getting feedback
and getting this feedback keep project ideas in consensus.

In some cases poll could be multileveled i.e. not voting for entirely
project but step by step elaboration from abstract statements to details
of implementations(not unnecessary implementation, it could stop on
statement level). So, idea is some kind of community driven process of
project evolution. If we have agreement on more abstract level we can
step dipper and can avoid situations when someone are disagree
because of some points in the middle of entirely idea.

Don't know how it could look in implementation details..
maybe wiki plugin, separate activity, utilizing mls and irc.

--
Aleksey