[IAEP] Project Guidelines posted

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Fri Sep 4 12:14:32 EDT 2009

David Farning wrote:
> The project guidelines are now on the wiki at
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Project_Guidelines .
>
> Please edit as necessary.   When it looks like the editing has
> stopped, I ask the board the ratify the guidelines.
>
> david

I just looked into this, sorry for the delay. While reading it, some
questions came to my mind: How does this relate to the existing teams?

In Fedora, most efforts have been started as SIGs or still in that
state. Even the team working on the general Fedora desktop metaphor and
maintaining the Fedora Desktop Spin is one. So would we have teams, SIGs
and projects then? Or are the teams going to be migrated to SIGs?

And is the Oversight Board going and willing to step into this process?
I'm asking because it seems like it would be a pretty significant change
to the board's tasks - at least compared to what I've been told before.

--Sebastian