[IAEP] feedback

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 18:40:54 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 5:17 PM, james curran
<jamie at jamescurranmusic.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Sugar on a stick is a great project, and I support it. It runs great
> for me in vmware, however I'm having trouble on my netbook.
> I have an ASUS EEEpc 4g (the original one with the 7 inch screen). I
> cannot get it connect to a wireless network. I have turned off
> security and tried on several different networks, but it will not
> connect.

I am assuming you are running the Strawberry version? It is more than
likely that the wifi chip in the ASUS does not have support in the
base Fedora system we are using.  You have several options, including
the openSUSE version of Sugar on a liveUSB (also available on our
download site) as it has other drivers installed by default.

> Also, it would be nice if there was an installation .iso for those of
> us that just want to use it natively on our netbook.

All of the new versions becoming available this fall will have this feature.

> I realize the
> purpose of this project is to run live from a USB stick, but so far
> it's the only linux gui i've found that i can read and use easily on
> that tiny screen. I would be interested to see more development into
> installing it onto your native disk. The advantage of doing this over
> installing fedora or ubuntu and installing the Sugar packages is the
> light weight and small footprint of Sugar on a Stick.
>
> Thanks, and keep up the good work!
> jamie.

If you have more problems regarding your wifi driver, please send
email to soas at sugarlabs.org.

regards.

-walter
--