[IAEP] 'apt-get install sugar-platform' available for Ubuntu9.10.

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Thu Oct 29 17:50:20 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 6:29 AM,  <s.boutayeb at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> After a couple of weeks of reading tutorials, help from Aleksey, and
>> some Ubuntu developers there are Sugar packages available for Ubuntu
>> 9.10.
>
> Thank you for your work. After some testing, I wrote a small blog-entry with
> some screenshots on OLPC France's blog, here:
>
> http://olpc-france.org/blog/2009/10/un-cartable-numerique-pur-sucre/
>
> The Ubuntu variant used ist UNR 9.10.

Thanks Samy,
We have been struggling on the Ubuntu side of the project for awhile.

A couple of people have already expressed interest in helping out!  I
am hoping that the Ubuntu-SugarTeam can holding some informal
packaging Sugar for Ubuntu classes next week.  As a project Ubuntu has
a lot (too much) packaging information available.  If we can sort out
the important stuff, it shouldn't take too long to get some more
packagers on board.

david