[IAEP] Ombudswoman Requested (Sugar Labs volunteer position)

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 11:01:59 EDT 2009

walterbender>	mchua: re defining the roles of the positions, I am a
bit surprised at the direction the ombudsman position is being
morphed. In my experience, ombundsmen are passive. Perhaps we need a
shadow board, but I am not sure we need a proactive ombudsman.
	<mchua>	walterbender: Ok - well, I'm just fulfilling my duty to
remind you of whatever discussion it was you wanted to have, so
wherever you want to take this is cool by me.
	<walterbender>	mchua: I think that the degree to which the ombudsman
is inserted into the middle of debates, he/she becomes ineffective as
an island of neutrality with whom a community member would feel
comfortable tallking.
	<mchua>	walterbender: ombuds discussion probably better on existing ml thread?
	<walterbender>	mchua: true. I'll post my comments to the list.

-walter

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org