[IAEP] 3D Objects in education?

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 05:30:09 EDT 2009

oh yes            , trace to bitmap. Elemental. Then u can get then te shade
pictures of their faces whichb is great from about 10-20 images. But this
swhere linux-for-eduaction.org really comes in handy one site kids ended up
loving  to to bits was, nic.ubu,nu, wthich you probably know seeing as you
use with fgubbbry looking ghod, i
IF I had to chose my FOSS tool, for the Nobel Price, it would be Inkscaoe,
-apparently  a lot hard hard hacking ha to happen to git it sugarised.....
but wnere there jis s a challege their migt be undermployed enthusastic
overworkerd Eaurasins

It actually all sounds a little political  me becuasw idf you think about
Inkscape shouts out wanting to be its mascot proudct. Its  dead easy to use
fi reachesmsteundsa dn -teacers- and there is lots, and I mean really a heck
ofa  lots...

 And if just some of you (yes! you know who you are) spent 15 minutes making
a moodle course (thereis even a how do I makerty iy a moodle course in video
format!) but it is essentially just pick a localised setion, concept: Golf
Course creator (pro-.sellable, expandable, etc)

DO IT! Spend 15 miuttes today... learn 2 2things at once (they say we cant
really multitask, prove them wong)

so, in grandma fromat:

   - install inkscape
   - go to linux-for-education.org and choose an inskpe resource, believe me
   there are many
   - ytry it out, some are more  difficult thna others,,,,
   - write the moodle course, in doc format if you are woos and need me
   gonconvet it to moodle format for you. Il patronise you of course as that js
   my perogative,.

Onxomes ubn Sat, Oct 24, 2kn9 at 6:55 PM, cristian paul penaranda rojas <
paul at kristianpaul.org> wrote:

> hi
>
> My name is Cristian Paul, i'm part of the local sugarlabs teamr in Colombia
> rr
> Since the middle of this year i began thinking about how free/libre design
> electronics projects like arduino/sanguino/pinguino
> could help to improve science learning in sugar, my first tought was about
> the use an arduino derivative
> called pinguino [1], an try to make a small and cheap scope [2] (like
> measure) that can be attached to the computer that run sugar,
> it will allow measure environment variables like temperature, light,
> resistence and  sound may be, this idea still in design
> i got some parts of the software and hardware components but sugarize is
> not started yet.
>
> What this have to do with 3D objets?, well i think some of you had read the
> post in olpc-news about
> a repraped "view finder" for XO, that was made by reprap [3], well,  this
> new revolution about local/home fabrication
> of 3D objects is opening a new path, and i think and believe some how, that
> education if one of then, but due the lack
> of knowledge that i have about that field, ideas dont rise as i wish they
> do, besides make a case for my pinguino/arduino scope
> and some puzzle games :P. I think 3D priting revolution can help as free
> software does, to improve educational processes.
>
> So, i'm asking here, about ideas related with this "phisical computing"
> stuff plus 3D objets [4],  education and sugar environment.
>
> In a moth or less i hope, i'll join this 3D priting revolution (got a
> reprap printer dervivate [5]),
> so i'll be able to reproduce locally, cheap and with full autonomy 3D
> objets for almost any porpuse.
>
> Critics, suguestions are wellcome, i really need to go beyond i know is
> posible, just need a bit of comunity help
>
> Thanks for reading
>
> saludos
>
> Cristian Paul Peñaranda
>
> [1] http://www.hackinglab.org/pinguino/index_pinguino.html
> [2] http://co.sugarlabs.org/go/Sobre_Measure
> [3] http://reprap.org
> [4] http://makerbot.com
> [5] http://thingiverse.com

Pablo Picasso<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pablo_picasso.html>
- "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."