[IAEP] Ideas for Sugar

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 17:28:20 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Luke Faraone <luke at faraone.cc> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 16:50, Deborah Boatwright
> <boatwrightd at newmarket.k12.nh.us> wrote:
>>
>> Can you use a projector and a smartboard with the sugar on a stick?
>
> SMARTBoards, sadly, use proprietary drivers and we cannot legally
> redistribute them. You can however install the SMART Notebook software on
> Linux; see
> http://www2.smarttech.com/st/en-US/Support/Downloads/SBS/NBS10Linux.htm for
> more information.

But you can use a projector from Sugar without the need for any
additional drivers. If your computer doesn't not have a VGA connector,
e.g., if you are using the OLPC hardware, you can use vncserver to
replicate your display onto another computer attached to a projector.

Some of your application ideas sound introducing. If you could go into
a bit more detail, there may be a developer or two willing to tackle
some of them.

regards.

-walter

> --