[IAEP] [activities at sugarlabs.org: Sugar Labs Activities: Doom-1 Nomination]

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Fri Oct 16 19:45:20 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 05:56:34PM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Got the followed notification from ASLO, so the question I have in
> mind - should ASLO editor be guided only technical questions during
> pushing activities to the public(in all previous cases it was so).

Non-technical editorial power, once exercised, will set expectations /
precedence / obligations (in some jurisdictions) that I only
understand to the extent that I hope I never have to pay a lawyer to
understand.

I don't think we're going to want to make these decisions.  Are we
going to say no to a Bible-reading activity?  Wikinomicon slice?  A
wikipedia slice with pictures of Mohammed?  One containing articles
critical of governments?  Etc.

If a response in the form of a proposal is useful:

Leave it open technically so someone can make
kidsactivities.theirdomain.biz and similar, but otherwise exercise no
non-technical editorial control.  And never raise the question again.

Martin