[IAEP] Lesson Plans for Sugar (was: Re: [support-gang] The last XO)

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Fri Oct 16 14:37:32 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 02:41:10PM +0100, Martin Dengler wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 05:56:16PM +1300, Tabitha Roder wrote:
> > Teachers would find it helpful if volunteers would write lessons
> > plans that show the links between the curriculum and the
> > activities on the XO has anyone done any of that type of work?
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_UK/Pilots/Resources#Lesson_Plan_integration_ideas
> has some ideas.

I've just received some UK lesson plans that I would like to write up.

Does a taxonomy of lesson plans exist on Curriki or elsewhere?

> > Tabitha
>
> Martin

Martin

PS - One barrier I see to getting more lesson plans is that a)
teachers often don't have time to write up lesson plans particular to
Sugar; and b) I (and perhaps other OLPC/Sugar contributers) don't
think I know what teachers mean by "Lesson Plan".  I presume "Lesson
Plan" is more than just "list of things I'm going to have the class
_do_", but a) if it's not, let's say that; and b) anyway, let's build
a corpus of "lesson plan templates" so that interested people can
write a lesson plan for teachers [in their target deployment/region's
template format], rather than forcing the teacher to do it.

For example, a developer who wants their activity to be
used/downloaded could write some lesson plans and use it to drum up
interest.

Perhaps even having lesson plans could become a requirement for
Fructose applications (or a distro's "favorited-by-default"
applications).