[IAEP] SugarLabs logo in TOAST and magazines

Rubén Rodríguez Pérez ruben at gnu.org
Thu Oct 15 08:57:32 EDT 2009

Hi, I have a question regarding to the SugarLabs logo usage.

Here at the Trisquel project we get regularly published in magazines
-mostly Spanish ones by now-, and now that we have a Sugar based system,
it will also get published sometimes. We are currently working on a
Trisquel DVD for a magazine, shipping all our editions, including TOAST.
It will have a boot menu allowing the user to choose which live session
to load, and sporting the magazine logo and the Trisquel one.

I know you are very concerned about your marks, so my question is: would
it be recommended to also include the SugarLabs logo in that screen?

We are already including your logo in the TOAST artwork, as you can see
here: http://trisquel.info/en/trisquel-sugar

We are happy including your logo in TOAST, as we like to recognize your
work, but we wouldn't want people to think it means and official
endorsement. OTOH, having such an endorsement would be great! :)

Thanks,
Rubén