[IAEP] LAUSD/CUELA Tech Fair

Gerald Ardito gerald.ardito at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 11:12:45 EDT 2009

Caryl,

This is so great. Have fun and I look forward to seeing your PPT at some
point.
I work with about 150 fifth graders and their teachers with XOs and SOAS.

I think the think I would include is that the tools are almost completely
customizable to any learning situation, whether that be by the school, the
classroom, or the student. We were fortunate enough to have Walter spend a
day with us last week, and he kept emphasizing the "low floor, no ceiling"
idea. So many teachers and administrators are used to the technology being
the curriculum (like they have to purchase a math program or reading
program, and then train everyone on that program, etc.). With Sugar, there
are a powerful set of tools that can be used with any curriculum.

I would happy to provide some lesson plan ideas, etc. if that would help.

Have fun!

Gerald