[IAEP] Sugar .84 on the XO

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Fri Oct 9 09:17:33 EDT 2009

Hi Gerald,

On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 08:59:20AM -0400, Gerald Ardito wrote:
> I could use some help.
> I am trying to install Sugar 84 on my XOs, and have followed the copy-nand
> instructions on the olpc wiki.
> But then, when I reboot the machine, I get an error message saying the
> machine will power off in 30 seconds.

You've probably installed an unsigned image on a XO that still has
security enabled.  The anti-theft protections have been triggered,
unfortunately.

Do you still have your developer key (without which you couldn't have
used copy-nand)?  If so, follow these instructions:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activation_and_developer_keys#If_you_wipe_out_your_developer_key

...then you should disable the anti-theft protections
permanently.

> Thanks.
> Gerald

Martin