[IAEP] Forrester: e-reader sales exploding (1m units for holiday season, 6m units projected for 2010)

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 03:55:47 EDT 2009

http://www.forrester.com/Research/Document/Excerpt/0,7211,53825,00.html

This report is being widely reported in the tech and mainstream press, e.g.:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jSEAAZS_Y9QD8xiVACWhSDFzHXQQ
http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idCNN0853892120091008?rpc=44

There's an improved Kindle offer, Barnes & Noble (a major US
bookseller) will offer an Android-powered reader, and rumors are thick
about an Apple unit in early 2010.

I'm tempted to put a spotlight on Sugar's e-reader capabilities for
the Blueberry launch planned for late November. To do so, I need to
understand better the format issues, which I'm a little confused
about. Is ePub best, or something else?

thanks

Sean