[IAEP] Walter's visit

Gerald Ardito gerald.ardito at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 19:29:08 EDT 2009

As some of you know, I am a middle school teacher and doctoral student
working with 150 XO laptops in a set of 5th grade classrooms. My research
interest is to see how those devices and the Sugar software impact the
learning environment of the classroom.

We were fortunate enough to have Walter spend a day with us yesterday. He
spent a session with each our 6 5th grade classrooms, teaching the children
some basics of Turtle Art. He also then spent time with the teachers and our
superintendent. The day was incredibly powerful and valuable to all of us.
At one point, he was even mobbed by students for his autograph!

I created a short video of the visit, which you can see here:
http://animoto.com/play/2hVwpobfxD4cs1OMSBlDVg

Enjoy! Thanks, Walter.

Gerald