[IAEP] Sugar on RedHat or Zentos?

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Mon Oct 5 05:47:18 EDT 2009

Rita Freudenberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anybody know if there will be a Sugar on RedHat or Zentos? A
> colleague of mine would like to run Sugar on Sun Thin Clients. If noone
> is working on that right now, can you tell me how difficult it would be
> build the Sugar port? We can try to find a interested student at our
> university.

*wave* :)

I had been planning to take on this, but it actually depends on when
RHEL 6 is released. The current Gnome-stack that RHEL 5 (and that way of
course CentOS, too) ships is somewhat too old for Sugar, so we'd be
ending up in a dependency hell.

Since RHEL 6 is possibly going to be based on something like F11 or F12,
it will ship versions that we can work with, though.

> Greetings,
> Rita

Cheers,
--Sebastian