[IAEP] Which Language?

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 23:19:28 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>> On 28.09.2009, at 17:36, gerry_lowry (alliston ontario canada (705)
>> 250-0112) wrote:
>>
>>> J, like APL, sadly does not get the publicity that it deserves.

> The current Freeware J will run on the XO in character mode from
> Terminal. Just download and unpack where you want it to run from.
>
> J uses standard graphics libraries, so there is no trouble running it
> in graphic mode in Gnome. Sugarizing would require further work,
> particularly if we want to enable collaboration.
>
> Eric Iverson, who inherited Ken's IP, is not willing so far to GPL J.
> I can ask whether he is willing to let Roger Sugarize the Freeware
> version.
>
>> - Bert -

Eric says we can discuss what to do after he gets through the beta of
the next version. He is definitely interested in the XO "market", but
hasn't decided what approach to take. I also have offers of two other
APL-like languages, from Arthur Whitney and the team of Alan Graham
and guitarist/programmer Stanley Jordan.

http://earthtreasury.org/