[IAEP] A proposal from Trisquel (Was Re: [SoaS] [DP] Announcing the creation of a SoaS Decision Panel)

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Thu Oct 1 17:04:08 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 10:47:57PM +0200, Rubén Rodríguez Pérez wrote:
> You can find more info here: http://trisquel.info/en/trisquel-sugar

Thanks for the info.

Two questions:

1) May I ask why you are creating a Sugar spin?

2) How can we send patches?  IIUC the latest Trisquel Sugar .ISO won't
boot on an OFW machine like the XO-1 due to the lack of an olpc.fth.
One like SoaS uses[1] might be good to include, but - I'm sorry for
the lack of searching skills - I couldn't find a place to submit a
patch that includes a suitable olpc.fth.  Where is the code you use to
generate the ISOs (I assume it's a lot more complex than the SoaS
code[2] because I did manage to find the "How Trisquel is made"[3]
page)?

> Rubén

Martin

1. http://cgit.sugarlabs.org/soas/mainline/tree/soas-base.ks#n137