[IAEP] Help Activity on XO-1.5 [was: List of Sugar activities for the XO-1.5]

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun Nov 29 19:23:19 EST 2009

Hi Adam,

On 29 Nov 2009, at 22:36, Holt wrote:

> Brian/Seth
> Sandy raised a critical issue on our Support call today-- how much work would it be to upgrade your great Help Activity from Sugar 0.82.1 to Sugar 0.84.x for the XO-1.5?
>
> And how can experienced Support people help Help (and learn learning ;) here?
>
>     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Help_(activity)
>     http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Help
>
> Or would you dare ship the Help Activity as is?

I may have missed some recent activity, but the last help activity I saw failed in 0.84 and up due to hulahop changes needed for underlying mozila changes. A version was patched (by Sayamindu I think) for olpc France to ship for a Madagascar (I think?) deployment:

	http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/helpfr

I'm guessing you could pick up from here and add new 0.84 content via some documentation sprint effort.

Regards,
--Gary