[IAEP] Need Resources for Presentation

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 28 11:32:30 EST 2009

Hi...
I am working on my presentation about volunteering with OLPC for Moorpark College next week.  I'm using my daughter's Mac since my screen still doesn't light up and I'm saving things on a USB stick.  I could really use some help finding resources.
The college wants me to discuss starting a University Chapter, among other things.  I've been looking at the chapter listings on the wiki and have found most are not at all up-to-date.  I have a couple of photos from UCSB that I can use, but would like more. Can anyone point me to some links? It would be nice to have a picture of a meeting somewhere and of students doing some of the things their chapters do.
I also wanted to talk about Repair Centers, but the only photos I have found on the Flickr stream about repairs were from Mongolia.  Does anyone else have photos of their center?
Do any of you  have any ideas of other things I should mention about volunteering? I plan to give plugs for the S-G, Contributors Program, Repair Centers, Libraries, Translating, Testing, and OLPCorps (I really wish I had the current up-to-date info for that one).  I plan to post my slides (usually very content rich) so anyone else who wants to use them can.
I look forward to hearing great suggestions from all you folks!
TIA, Caryl
P.S. My Mac has an appointment this afternoon to see if it is salvageable. My husband says I should just buy a new one, but I really don't want the hassle at this time and I don't care for Snow Leopard.