[IAEP] FW: Tutorius Meeting minutes - 2009/11/19

John Tierney jtis4stx at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 25 13:30:21 EST 2009

Juj>>Just wanted to mention my admiration for the Tutorious team: they have
>>pushed forward a big feature that affects shell and activities, have
>>set up their instance of AMO for tutorials, have pinged periodically
>>the community for feedback, have made a spin of SoaS so others can
>>more easily test their work, have contacted the testing team at NZ for
>>feedback, etc. And not because that's a lot of work, but because it's
>>the _right_ work to do.

>>Kudos to them and whoever is mentoring!

>>Regards,

>>Tomeu

Hello All,

Myself and Gerald Ardito had a Skype meeting with Erick Lavoie and Michael Montclam from the Tutorius Project last
Thursday Nov. 19th, the notes from that session are below. Since the comments/suggestions from Gerald and
I are U.S. based, I am in the process of trying to set up a second meeting between Tutorious and Enhanced Learning
Strategy-Ron Canuel had a Team that went down to Uruguay recently and visited 18 schools. This will give the Tutorius Team
an additional view to incorporate into the project and allow for the internationalization of Tutorious, which is one of their
objectives.

They are due to finalize the Project and give a Final Presentation in early December to complete this class project. They
have indicated an interest to merge Tutorius ability into Sugar when it is at a stable state. I indicated to them I would
reach out to the Sugar Developer community-Tomeu,Walter, and others to see if there can be some joint planning or conversations
that would lead to this possibilty. Please let me know how we can proceed on this front.

I look forward to trying to facilitate these initiatives, which I believe will be very valuable for students, teachers, and activity developers alike.

Best!

John Tierney