[IAEP] turtleArt and materials for education

roberto roberto03 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 07:19:06 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:34, roberto <roberto03 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello, i am about to start writing worksheet about possible uses of
>> turtleArt in math education.
>
> I have many. Euclidean geometry, analytic geometry, Galilean gravity,
> and Computer Science. What would you like?
mainly analytic geometry and galilean gravity, at the moment

> Sugar is available for several Linuces.
up to know, i solved the problem launching sugar-emulator, installed
automatically by apt on debian;
hence i have not even to logout from the kde session and i can work on
sugar like any other application

a minor issue: i don't know how to stop the sugar-emulator, so i
simply kill it from bash;

the options "shutdown" or "restart" in the main panel under my
personal icon will stop the Xephyr session or they will eventually
shutdown the computer ?? (i'd better go the first option ... of
course)

> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Supported_systems
>
> You can install TA in any that don't come with it from
>
> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/
>
> There are Turtle Art and Berkeley Logo packages for several Linuces
> also, and a version of Turtle Art in Etoys.
in debian 5.0 only etoys is available, AFAIK
but i am interested in two things up to now:
1. write math and programming contents in TA for my students
2. let them use TA and sugar via soas, which i think is the easiest
way up to now to give sugar in their hands at the moment

--
roberto