[IAEP] turtleArt and materials for education

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 21:39:15 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 06:23, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 3:41 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:34, roberto <roberto03 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello, i am about to start writing worksheet about possible uses of
>>> turtleArt in math education.
>>
>> I have many. Euclidean geometry, analytic geometry, Galilean gravity,
>> and Computer Science. What would you like?
>
> Edward,
>
> Any of these materials suitable to be included as TA examples in the bundle?

Yes, indeed. I can generate many more if you like. For example, I have
the TA models to go with my extension of Alan Kay's gravity lesson,
starting with simple linear acceleration overlaid with frames of a
falling ball, then adding in constant sideways motion to generate
parabolas, overlaid with foundains. I have the TA examples for my
outline of Kindergarten Calculus, illustrating tangents, slopes, and
integrals. I have a prototype for a general-purpose graphing function,
using the Python-programmable block to specify the function to graph.
I have made a start on symmetry groups and tilings. I can do lots more
math and Computer Science, except that I have too many other things to
do. Right now I am getting ready to move to Columbus, Indiana.

What format would you like the examples in? Journal entries?

Are we updating the format for the examples so that users can add to
their own example directories easily?

http://www.earthtreasury.org/