[IAEP] [SLOBS] new list policy

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 11:41:28 EST 2009

After a protracted discussion, the Sugar Oversight Board has decided
to revise its policy regarding slobs at lists.sugarlabs.org. Currently
the list has a broad membership: current and past SLOB members, misc.
observers, etc. We found that in practice, many board discussions that
 were occurring off list and many seemingly public topics were being
discussed on the slobs list.

As a remedy, we will close the slobs list to just the current SLOB
members, plus our ombudsman and a representative from the SFC. We'll
post SLOB-related messages on iaep with a [SLOBS] tag. We hope this
new policy will encourage more public discourse and less off-list
discussion.

regards.

-walter

--