[IAEP] NYC Community Summit Schedule - Saturday Nov 21st 1-4PM

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Nov 20 07:16:11 EST 2009

Join One Laptop per Child and Sugar Labs tomorrow in Manhattan, for a
very thoughtful afternoon on how we're enabling kids worldwide with new
kinds of education & learning!  Please invite friends.

/Learning innovators, Software carpenters, Intl Development veterans,
Community Marketing geniuses, Usability experts, Local teachers,
Grassroots organizers, Hardware tinkerers, Artists, Quality/Support
gurus -- All Welcome./

Read Mike Lee's beautiful intro to our NY City Community Summit:

    Amping Up OLPC in NYC: Community Summit Nov 21
    http://www.olpcnews.com/countries/usa/olpc_nyc_community_summit.html

New Draft Schedule: (please hack the below schedule into
*http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_NYC* !!)

    12:30PM - early birds organize room (*133 West 46th St, **3rd Flr**)*

    1PM - Mike Lee - 30min - OLPC/Sugar backgrounder, DC experience &
2010 opportunities (*arrive on time for our special guest!*)
               Sameer Verma - 5min - San Francisco's similarly
path-breaking approach
               Caroline Meeks - 10min - Learning Goals, how Sugar
supports them, Teacher Training: http://prezi.com/cv5do02tj-0y
<http://prezi.com/cv5do02tj-0y/>
               Adam Holt - 5min - Community Innovation for All
(perspectives from my current 6-country OLPC/Sugar Learning journey)

    2PM - Everyone introduces themselves, their perspective/questions on
where we are after 2 years
               Everyone will be asked to vote for 1 NYC community idea
they feel will have traction over the coming 2 years

    2:40 - Three brainstorming sessions, separately around {tech,
teaching, twitteriffic etc}
               How can NYC spur local projects(s) with structured
sustainability?
               Can NYC use its place in the world to help build
worldwide action?
               Where can you connect with Specific Overseas Community?
(EG. our hosts at *Church of St Mary the Virgin* have strong Honduras
ties, as do several OLPC volunteers who will be in attendance!)

    3:20 -  Everyone re-congregate, explaining "on-whiteboard" your
team's Conclusions / Strategies

    4PM - Clean up - depart for drinks/dinner nearby!

We'll readjust around San Francisco's simultaneous West Cost events live
as nec, wherever Professor Sameer Verma there feels Skype/IRC uplinks
fit in around his own *awesome* and evolving daylong agenda:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea/OLPCSF_Community_Summit_2009

Please also jump into the online discussion and help our
volunteer-driven movement organize here:

    http://forum.laptop.org/chat   (live chat, ask a question anytime,
during busiest times of day)

Thanks!!