[IAEP] turtleArt and materials for education

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-iaep at silbe.org
Fri Nov 20 04:52:43 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 07:34:46PM +0100, roberto wrote:

> - i've installed sugar on Debian 5.0 but, as you already know, a lot
> of activities are missing; turtleArt is one of this, so i think i
> cannot use it on my Debian (tell me if there is a workaround ...)
Jonas is working on packaging Sugar on Debian quite a lot lately (much
appreciated!), so this might improve in the near future.
Some of the missing packages are available on a.sl.o [1] and work fine:
- Log [2]
- Terminal [3] (needs python-simplejson installed)
- TurtleArt [4] (needs python-simplejson installed)

Jukebox [5] might also work on x86 (I've only tested it on Mac/PPC where
it segfaults); Write might be available soon (Jonas seems to be working
on the necessary abiword fixups).

[1] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/
[2] http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/sucrose/fructose/Log
[3] http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/sucrose/fructose/Terminal