[IAEP] The Guardian: PlayPower: 1980s computing for the 21st century

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:24:48 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Yamandu Ploskonka <yamaplos at gmail.com> wrote:
> ROFL!!!
> żte tragaste un payasito?

This is not a forum for trolling. And do take note that this work...
is serious work for a lot of us. Not for you clearly.

I don't think you know much about the strange dynamics of
manufacturing electronics. If you did, you'd be looking for more
information about what these people are doing. It is incredibly hard
to get good pricing, unless you cheat somehow. And there are many ways
of cheating.

If you are curious, maybe you should contact those suppliers and ask
them if they have a limited stock or whether they can build them at
that price, and on what conditions -- cash up-front? how long before
delivery? Is the price FOB, and at which port?

A usual trick in many markets where stock is expensive (and "short
lived" as 'hot electronics' are) is to get a good profit on the early
sales (when the product is hot), and then dump the remaining stock
(sometimes below cost) at the end of the sales cycle.

I don't know how the technique is called, but I've seen it in action
since I was around 14 years old, and bought my computer parts at the
tail end of it :-)

I think the battery we ship is for anyone to buy from the suppliers --
but they'll have to bring the whole machine down in consumption
radically for our battery is very low power. And that takes real
engineering. Screen -- it's not "ours" I suspect (but I don't know for
a fact).

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions