[IAEP] scratch gone missing

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 10:42:43 EST 2009

On Saturday 07 November 2009 09:18:05 am Bill Kerr wrote:
> No but it should be there since Scratch has a far better UI than Etoys
I have seen kids play with both Scratch and Etoys and I wouldn't pit them
against each other. They appeal to different sets of children.

Scratch appeals to a younger lot (6-9yrs) as the built-in sprites are more
concrete. Etoys morphs are more attuned to older kids (9+) that are
transitioning from concrete to abstract ideas.

I wish we had a smooth transition in terms of visual themes and controls for

Tuxpaint (3-6) -> Scratch (6-9) -> Etoys (9+)

Just my take .. Subbu