[IAEP] [SLOBS] agenda item for Friday

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Nov 5 17:49:35 EST 2009

El Mon, 02-11-2009 a las 16:17 -0500, Walter Bender escribió:
> I would like to discuss the current status/policies regarding the
> SLOBs mailing list. We have a somewhat ad hoc mechanism for adding
> observers to the list. I would submit that this policy actually
> encourages us to use the closed list at times when the public lists
> would be more appropriate. I would recommend we eliminate all
> observers from the list and use it only for things that necessity of
> the protection of the privacy of third parties require a private
> discussion. The more limited the list, the less likely we'll use it.
> I would recommend that the ombudsman be privy to the list as well.

+1 for this (but I guess we'll vote formally tomorrow).

>  As
> far as sending email to the list, it would be nice to enable send
> access to all members of the community. But I am  not sure how to
> configure mailman to do this.

This is the setting:

  http://lists.sugarlabs.org/admin/systems/privacy/sender
  (see generic_nonmember_action)

At this time, we don't have a spam filter in front of Mailman, we may
occasionally receive spam. In case we do, we can revert to holding
misaddressed postings.