[IAEP] Competitive Landscape: Barnes & Noble launches Android-based "nook" e-reader device and MP3 player; "Kindle killer"; Adobe DRM

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 06:22:30 EST 2009

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS31745+03-Nov-2009+BW20091103
http://www.springdesign.com/resource/jsp/

Spring Design has sued Barnes & Noble over the Nook.

Without knowing the facts of the case, it appears B&N decided to
launch the Nook and risk litigation. It's a strategy, but not always a
winning one.

The Spring Design Alex unit due to be released soon is said to offer
open internet access via wireless networks including wifi, 3G,
EVDO/CDMA and GSM.