[IAEP] SLs Chile and GNOME Chile

Werner Westermann wernerio at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:45:51 EST 2009

Hello Tomeu, regards from Santiago, Chile.

GNOME community, as far as I know, it had a lot of ups and down in their
effort to build collaborative work.  I really don't know if there's some
counterpart to talk to.  This is no sin for any free-software community, but
it gets hard to coordinate any kind of cooperation.  Where do you see that
there's potential around Chile?  Are yo talking to chileans involved with
GNOME?

I must say that stimulating GNOMErs to work around Sugar could be a good
idea, but I feel that should come from GNOME's vision and scope.  Two
chileans are in GNOME's board (Germán Poo http://www.calcifer.org/ and
Fernando San Martín http://blogs.gnome.org/fsmw/), and maybe they could
help.  Is there any work going around SL and GNOME today?

Best wishes,

werner