[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] (Please read) Re: Proposed Trac - > Launchpad migration

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Sun Nov 1 17:28:30 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 18:19, Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org> wrote:

>  > * bugs.sugarlabs.org is moving from Trac to Launchpad.
>  > * Existing bug data will be imported, but the bug numbers won't be the
>  >   same.
>
> what happens to bug numbers (i.e., referring to other bugs in the
> current database) that are embedded in the text commentary?  i
> assume they get converted, but it's worth asking.

Good question.

There are two ways we can do this:

   1. Ask for a list of the new bug numbers, and do some apache mod_redirect
   magic to convert them to the new method.
   2. During the import, give each imported bug an alias, like 'sl1234'
   which identify their numbers on the old bug tracker.  Then we just have to
   redirect from http://dev.sugarlabs.org/bugs/1234 to
   https://launchpad.net/bugs/sl1234, and LP will handle the rest.

I'll have to ask for confirmation on whether option 2 can be automagically
done during the import We'd have to implement the redirect to ("
launchpad.net/bugs/sl" + BUG_NUMBER) ourselves, but that's trivial.

Worst case, we can do 1. I'll follow up and see what's doable and report
back to the list.

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc