[IAEP] [SoaS] Status Report & Remaining Items

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sun May 31 17:38:39 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

I thought it might be a good idea to summarize where we're now regarding
the upcoming SoaS for LinuxTag in June.

So what are the remaining issues for this release?

* All activities need to be updated and working (#607). Those which
don't work by June 10 will be taken out from release.

- Currently, there seem to be sound issues with TamTam
- Develop is reported to return a keep error when closing

Here is the list of included activities in the wiki:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Roadmap#Activities

This is important: Some activities also need to be updated by their
Fedora Package Maintainer. A reminder has been sent out earlier:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-olpc-list/2009-May/msg00087.html

* The boot screens needs to be updated (#709). Christian, Eben, Gary and
Sean had already some great discussion on this. Progress is being
tracked here: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Boot_Logo

* We need to get a keyboard panel in the control panel (#720). Martin
has committed code for that, which now needs to be picked for Sugar.

* The mouse pointer seems to be disappearing on some VIA hardware
(#730). This has been reported (RHBZ #491083) and also been fixed
upstream. A new RPM will be included once being pushed.

* If we're lucky, we can even brand the boot helper, but that's probably
not a blocker (#741).

All tickets for LinuxTag (even though some of them might need to be
moved around) can be seen here: http://www.tinyurl.com/soas-linuxtag

And for all bugs filed against SoaS: http://www.tinyurl.com/soas-tickets

Most of the listed issues have already been assigned, so it looks like
we're in rather good shape. If you've any feature or package you want to
get in for this release, please request it immediately.

Let's make this an awesome release!

Thanks for all the work & testing,
--Sebastian