[IAEP] SoaS

joglo at juno.com joglo at juno.com
Sat May 30 11:14:06 EDT 2009

Am running Fedora 10 and want to create a Sugar On A Stick.  Have a 4 GB
stick plugged into the computer's USB bus. Have Added the "liveusb
creator" software package (from the Fedora 10 list of packages) and run
it.  On the second try, the Live USB Creator window appears with the
following:

Download Fedora
  Fedora 10 (686)

Target Device
   /dev/sdc1 (Cruzer)

Downloading F10-i686 -Live iso...
Download complete!
Verifying file system ...
Verifying ISO MDS checksum ...
Verifying SHA1 of LiveCD image ...
Extracting live image to USB device ...
Setting up OLPC boot file ...
Installing bootloader ...
Complete (0:03:27)

Even though the log says Complete (0:03:27) an activity band, at the base
of the dialog window (with a blue runner) continues active.  I also can
see the computer's (disk activity???) light flashing periodically.  I let
it run for an hour then shut the computer off manually.

Following this I turned the computer on and when I looked at the Boot
Menu (my computer has two discs; one runs the Vista operating system and
the other runs Fedora 10) An item has been added to the Boot Menu (the
USB stick).  I clicked on it and next saw a screen which said simply
"Boot error".  Below was a blinking cursor.  I don't know what to at this
point.

Can you help me?

Joe Maina