[IAEP] journal criticism (was Re: Re: Re: [RELEASE] TurtleArt-51)

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Wed May 27 08:37:38 EDT 2009

 [sorry, I am not on sugar-devel list]

Hi Tomeu
Two points expanded:

> > altering the filenames and extensions of email attachments
>
> Could you please expand on this use case?

Using webmail, you save a mail attachment to the journal, the filename is not preserved. Using webmail you retransmit the attachment, the filename and extension are lost.

> I'm failing to understand the problem. Could you please explain further?

Due to some server error, the server is serving turtle_art-48.xo when the turtle_art-51.xo link is clicked. Because Windows preserves the filename, you can see that you have downloaded turtle_art-48.xo whereas Sugar uses some other process to name the downloaded file and its very hard to understand why you have v48 rather than v51 installed.

Tony