[IAEP] [Sugar-devel]The moodle-Print User Experience

Vamsi Krishna Davuluri vamsi.davuluri at gmail.com
Thu May 28 14:32:54 EDT 2009

Hi,

I was wondering about the best moodle user experience. The three procedures
I've sketched out are:
1) Follow the roots of the advanced assignment upload module, and let
printing be added by the teacher as an activity for a specific period.
Or
2) Make printing a default resource for every course once the course is
established
Or
3) Provide a printing option for every registered user, and provide him/her
with a printing option which also follows the roots of assignment upload,
   But very loosely. This will of course require a good deal of work
regarding permissions on which teacher can assess what.

Personally, I prefer 1.

Some teachers might not want the students to print in their courses, but
might want them to for a specific duration. <- more or less completely
An art course might want printing for the entire duration though, so perhaps
an option when establishing the course to add the print module by default.

Or a (4) , which I am open for. My knowledge with moodle and its deployed
environment is very limited, so I would like some advice here.

Thanks

Vamsi Krishna Davuluri